Contemporary nutrition : a functional approach
- Wardlaw, Gordon M., author.
- Fourth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 28 cm
QP141 .W377 2015
- Unknown QP141 .W377 2015
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Nutrition, Food Choices, and Health Chapter 2 Guidelines for Designing a Healthy Diet Chapter 3 The Human Body: A Nutrition Perspective Chapter 4 Carbohydrates Chapter 5 Lipids Chapter 6 Proteins Chapter 7 Energy Balance and Weight Control Chapter 8 Overview of The Micronutrients Chapter 9 Micronutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance Chapter 10 Micronutrients and Phytochemicals that Function as Antioxidants Chapter 11 Micronutrients Involved in Bone Health Chapter 12 Micronutrient Functions in Energy Metabolism Chapter 13 Micronutrients that Support Blood Health and Immunity Chapter 14 Nutrition: Fitness and Sports Chapter 15 Eating Disorders Chapter 16 Undernutrition Throughout the World Chapter 17 Safety of Our Food Supply Chapter 18 Nutrition During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Chapter 19 Nutrition from Infancy Through Adolescence Chapter 20 Nutrition During Adulthood.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Contemporary Nutrition: A Functional Approach is an alternate version of Wardlaw/Smith/Collene's Contemporary Nutrition, offering a unique approach by organizing vitamins and minerals within the context of physiological functions and the health conditions they influence. Current research is at the core of the fourth edition, with revised statistics, incorporation of new results of clinical trials, and updated recommendations. The text provides students who lack a strong science background the ideal balance of reliable nutrition information and practical consumer-oriented knowledge. Always looking to make the content relevant to learners, the authors highlight health conditions, medications, food products, and supplements students or members of their families may be using. With their friendly writing style, the authors act as the student's personal guide to dispelling common misconceptions and to gaining a solid foundation for making informed nutrition choices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Gordon M. Wardlaw Ph.D., Formerly of Department of Human Nutrition, College of Education and Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, Anne M. Smith Ph.D., R.D., L.D., Department of Human Sciences, College of Education and Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, Angela L. Collene M.S., R.D., L.D., Nursing Program, Ohio Northern University.
- 9780078021398 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 0078021391 (hard copy : alk. paper)