Vascular flora of Illinois : a field guide
- Robert H. Mohlenbrock.
- Uniform Title
- Guide to the vascular flora of Illinois
- 4th ed.
- Carbondale [Ill.] : Southern Illinois University Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xii, 536 p. : maps ; 23 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QK157 .M646 2014||Unknown|
- Mohlenbrock, Robert H., 1931-
- The natural divisions of Illinois
- General key to groups of Illinois vascular plants
- Descriptive flora
- Summary of the taxa treated in this book
- New combinations in this book
- Additional taxa
- Excluded species.
This latest Vascular Flora of Illinois includes over thirty-two hundred species, an increase of almost three hundred since 1986. In addition, for the first time, taxa below the rank of species are recognized and may be identified by keys. Investigating seldom-visited patches of prairies, wetlands, and forested canyons, Mohlenbrock has added several native species to this flora. And while there has been extensive exploration for plants, Mohlenbrock has also researched the herbaria in an attempt to verify previous reports.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "First edition published as Guide to the vascular flora of Illinois in 1975. Second edition published as Guide to the vascular flora of Illinois, revised and enlarged edition, in 1986. Third edition published as Vascular flora of Illinois."
- Includes indexes.
- 9780809332083 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0809332086 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780809332090 (ebook)
- 0809332094 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: