Righting educational wrongs : disability studies in law and education
- edited by Arlene S. Kanter and Beth A. Ferri ; with a foreword by Nancy Cantor.
- First edition.
- Syracuse, New York : Syracuse University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 402 pages ; 24 cm.
- Critical perspectives on disability.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|KF4209.3 .A75 S43 2009||Unknown|
- Second City Conference on Disability Studies in Education (9th : 2009 : Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Kanter, Arlene S. editor of compilation.
- Ferri, Beth A., 1961- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 317-373) and index.
- The relationship between disability studies and law / Arlene S. Kanter
- Universal design in education : remaking all the difference / Martha Minow
- Rights, needs, and capabilities : institutional and political barriers to justice for disabled people / Thomas M. Skrtic and J. Robert Kent
- Ending the longing for belonging : teaching disability studies in the college core curriculum / Susan Baglieri and Linda Ware
- Treating the incomplete child : how the science of learning disabilities was built for exclusion / Scot Danforth and Theodoto Ressa
- The present king of France is feeble-minded : the logic and history of the continuum of placements for people with intellectual disabilities / Philip M. Ferguson
- Disabling racial repetition / Zanita E. Fenton
- Children with disabilities, parents without disabilities, and lawyers : issues of life experience, affinity, and agency / Mark C. Weber
- The tale of a reluctant expert witness / Alicia A. Broderick
- The case for inclusive eligibility under the individuals with Disabilities Education Act / Wendy F. Hensel
- Disability, vulnerability, and fragmented protections : accessing education, work, and health care / Ani B. Satz
- Inclusion in K-12 and higher education / Wendy S. Harbour.
- Publisher's Summary
- Righting Educational Wrongs brings together the work of scholars from the fields of disability studies in education and law to examine contemporary struggles around inclusion and access to education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780815633259 20180604
- Publication date
- Critical perspectives on disability
- 9780815633259 (alk. paper)
- 0815633254 (alk. paper)
- 9780815652359 (e-book)
- 0815652356 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: