Mary Sheridan's from birth to five years : children's developmental progress
- Ajay Sharma and Helen Cockerill ; illustrations by Nobou Okawa.
- Fourth edition.
- London : Routledge, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 132 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
RJ131 .S53 2014
- Unknown RJ131 .S53 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 129-132).
- Introduction Section 1: Illustrated Charts of Children's Developmental Progress Section 2: Domains of Developmental Progress Motor Development Fine Motor, Perceptual and Non-Verbal Cognitive Development Speech, Language and Communication Social Behaviour and Play Early Literacy Development Self-Regulation of Emotions and Attention Attachment, Temperament and the Development of Self Vision and Hearing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- From Birth to Five Years, based on the pioneering work of Mary Sheridan, is widely regarded as the go-to reference for health, education and social care professionals, or anyone concerned with the developmental progress of pre-school children. In this new fourth edition, the text has been developed to further align it with current child development philosophies and practices, and to support the wider group of professionals that are now required to take steps for promoting children's development as part of their assessment and management plans. This book aims to improve the clinical management of children with developmental disorders, through providing the full range of developmental attainments, methods of observation, and advice about when to seek help. Features of this completely revised edition include: For students and tutors - information on theoretical aspects of development, with further reading suggestions and references including the most recent international studies in the field A new section on the development of attention and self-regulation Contemporary case studies with guidance on when to raise concerns for students and teachers Discussion points to stimulate class debate To complement this book, a new companion volume, From Birth to Five Years: Practical Developmental Examination, offers a step-by-step 'how to' guide, including guidance on enquiry and observation, how to chart typical and atypical patterns, and 'red flags' for recognising significant delay or abnormality. To consolidate and expand on the practical and theoretical information across both books, a new companion website is available at www.routledge.com/cw/sharma, which includes the following additional learning material: An interactive timeline of the key developmental domains Introductions to theory with links to further reading Research summaries Video clips demonstrating practical assessment skills.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- From birth to five years : children's developmental progress
- Preceded by: From birth to five years : children's developmental progress / Mary D. Sheridan. 3rd ed. / rev. and updated by Ajay Sharma and Helen Cockerill. 2008.
- Complemented by: From birth to five years. Practical developmental examination / by Ajay Sharma and Helen Cockerill. 2014.
- Related Work
- Preceded by (work): Sheridan, Mary D. (Mary Dorothy). From birth to five years. 2008.
- Complemented by (work): Sharma, Ajay. From birth to five years. Practical developmental examination.
- 9780415833547 (hbk)
- 041583354X (hbk)
- 9780415833530 (pbk)
- 0415833531 (pbk)
- 9780203494561 (ebk)