- Fitch, Lois, author.
- Bristol, UK : Intellect, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 397 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
ML410 .F29715 F5 2013
- Unknown ML410 .F29715 F5 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 369-382), discography (pages 385-387) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- One of contemporary music's most significant and controversial figures, Brian Ferneyhough creates complex and challenging music that draws inspiration from painting, literature, and philosophy, as well as music from the recent and distant past. His dense, multilayered compositions intrigue musicians while pushing both performer and instrument to the limits of their abilities. A wide-ranging survey of his life and work to date, Brian Ferneyhough examines the critical issues fundamental to understanding the composer as a musician and a thinker. Debuting in celebration of Ferneyhough's seventieth birthday in 2013, this book strikes a rich balance between critical analysis of the music and close scrutiny of its aesthetic and philosophical contexts, making possible a more rounded view of the composer than has been previously available.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lois Fitch.
- Critical guides to contemporary composers
- 9781783200184 (pbk.)
- 1783200189 (pbk.)