Renaissance and later architecture and ornament
- Paul Davies and David Hemsoll ; with contributions by Ian Campbell and Simon Pepper.
- [United Kingdom] : Royal Collection Trust, 2013.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (770 p.) : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Paper museum of Cassiano dal Pozzo. Series A, Antiquities and architecture ; pt. 10.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- v. 1. Drawings from the Architectura Civile album and other architectural drawings
- v. 2. Decorative schemes and military subjects.
- This two-volume catalogue is the second Part of the catalogue raisonné devoted to the large corpus of architectural and topographical drawings from the Paper Museum. The first Part (A.IX), published in 2004, was dedicated to drawings of ancient Roman topography and architecture, while the present one covers Renaissance and seventeenth-century architectural drawings. Commissioned and collected by Cassiano dal Pozzo (1588–1657) and his younger brother Carlo Antonio (1606–89), these drawings are today divided between the Royal Library at Windsor Castle, the British Museum’s Department of Greek and Roman Antiquities, and numerous other institutions and private collections worldwide. Bringing them here together emphasises the remarkable range and quality of the collection as a whole and provides an opportunity to bring to public attention drawings that are for the most part unpublished and unidentified.
- Publication date
- The Paper Museum of Cassiano dal Pozzo. Series A : Antiquities and Architecture (HMPMA) ; pt. 10
Browse related items
Start at call number: