Terrace of the sea [videorecording] = Jal al-baḥr
- Diana Allan.
- Arabic, English. Arabic with English subtitles.
- [Cambridge, Mass.? : D. Allan], 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (54 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
"Terrace of the Sea was shot in 2008 in Jal el Bahar, a Palestinian Bedouin gathering established in 1948 on a strip of coast in South Lebanon. The film is a meditation on the distances between memory, photography and film and explores the relationships between past and present, land and sea and between seeing and being seen"--Container.
- "Jal el Bahr is an unofficial Palestinian camp that was established in 1948 on a stretch of beach near Tyre. Around 2500 Palestinian Bedouin live in this community without residency rights. The land has been marked as a site for imminent development"--End credits.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Jal al-baḥr
- جل البحر.
- Originally produced at the Film Study Center, Harvard University in 2009.
- Production Credits
- Camera and editing, Diana Allan ; sound mix, Ernst Karel.
- Not rated.
- DVD, Stereo sound.
Browse related items
Start at call number: