Education and the environment : creating standards-based programs in schools and districts
- Gerald A. Lieberman.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, 
- Physical description
- xiii, 250 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|GE80 .L54 2013||Unknown|
- Lieberman, Gerald A., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-237) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- In this timely book, curriculum expert Gerald A. Lieberman provides an innovative guide to creating and implementing a new type of environmental education that combines standards-based lessons on English language arts, math, history, and science with community investigations and service learning projects. By connecting academic content with local investigations, environmental study becomes not simply another thing added to the classroom schedule but an engaging, thought-provoking context for learning multiple subjects. The projects outlined in the book further students' understanding of the way human and natural "systems" interact locally and globally, and provide the next generation with the knowledge necessary for making decisions that will be critical to their future--and ours.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781612506302 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 1612506291 (pbk.)
- 9781612506296 (pbk.)
- 1612506305 (library edition)
- 9781612506302 (library edition)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: