Leading without being stung : the instructional leader meets the apiarist
- Kelehear, Zach, author.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 79 pages ; 23 cm
LB2805 .K39 2014
- Unknown LB2805 .K39 2014
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword by Edward Pajak Preface Introduction Chapter 1: Staff Development Chapter 2: Planning and Change Chapter 3: Communication Chapter 4: Curriculum Chapter 5: Instructional Program Chapter 6: Service To Teachers Chapter 7: Observing and Conferencing Chapter 8: Personal Development Chapter 9: Conclusion Appendix: Core Value Work Sheet.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Leading without Being Stung offers practitioners a repertoire of eight, research-supported strategies for affecting teaching performance. In each of the chapters the reader will find: 1) a description of a dimension of supervision and key research that speaks to the key elements of the dimension; 2) an analysis of best practices from school leaders who have shown efficacy in implementing that dimension; 3) an interpretation of how the leader can assess the need for that dimension and plan for implementation; 4) a strategy for making judgments about the level of implementation and the areas for future growth. As such, this book offers BOTH grounded research AND practical strategies for becoming an effective and reflective instructional leader. The key supervision dimensions addressed in this book are: Staff Development, Planning and Change, Communication, Curriculum, Instructional Program, Service to Teachers, Observation and Conferencing, Personal Development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Zach Kelehear.
- 9781607095224 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 160709522X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607095231 (alk. paper)
- 1607095238 (alk. paper)