Funding the future : philanthropy's influence on American higher education
- Bernstein, Alison R., 1947- author.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxii, 145 pages ; 24 cm
LB2336 .B47 2014
- Unknown LB2336 .B47 2014
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface Introduction: Influencing Higher Education: An Untold Story Chapter One: Women's Higher Education and Gender Equity Chapter Two: Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions Chapter Three: Professional Education and the Social Sciences Chapter Four: Reforming the Higher Education Sector Chapter Five: Catalyzing Politics on Campus Chapter Six: Looking Ahead: Philanthropy and Higher Education Funding in the 21st Century.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In an era of declining state support for colleges and universities, the role of private philanthropy in helping to shape the future direction of higher education has become even more crucial and significant than in the past. Knowing about philanthropy's historic influence on higher education and what philanthropy currently prioritizes is now virtually a prerequisite for presidents and academic leaders in both public and private institutions. This book discusses the complex relationship of philanthropy to higher education both in historic perspective and in the present. It is not a primer on how to write a successful grant. Rather, it provides a road map for understanding philanthropy's influence on American higher education. It will be of interest to academic leaders, advancement professionals, students of higher education and philanthropy, and others concerned with the future of colleges and universities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Alison R. Bernstein.
- 9781475804065 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475804067 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781442214842 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1442214848 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781442214859 (electronic)
- 1475804083 (electronic bk.)
- 9781475804089 (electronic bk.)