Handbook of emotion regulation
- edited by James J. Gross.
- Second Edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 669 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Gross, James J. (Professor of psychology) editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- I. Foundations 1. Emotion Regulation: Conceptual and Empirical Foundations, James J. Gross II. Biological Bases 2. The Neural Bases of Emotion and Emotion Regulation: A Valuation Perspective, Kevin N. Ochsner and James J. Gross 3. Temporal Dynamics of Emotion Regulation, Greg Hajcak, Jonathan P. Dunning, Daniel Foti, and Anna Weinberg 4. The Neural Basis of Emotion Dysregulation, Tom Johnstone and Henrik Walter 5. A Neurobiological Model of Implicit and Explicit Emotion Regulation, Anett Gyurak and Amit Etkin III. Cognitive Approaches 6. Delay Discounting: A Two-Systems Perspective, Eric M. Miller, Christian Rodriguez, Bokyung Kim, and Samuel M. McClure 7. The Role of Emotion and Emotion Regulation in the Ability to Delay Gratification, Anna Luerssen and Ozlem Ayduk 8. Emotion Regulation Choice: Theory and Findings, Gal Sheppes 9. Emotion Regulation and Decision Making, Alessandro Grecucci and Alan G. Sanfey IV. Developmental Considerations 10. Self-Regulation, Effortful Control, and Their Socioemotional Correlates, Nancy Eisenberg, Claire Hofer, Michael J. Sulik, and Tracy L. Spinrad 11. Socialization of Emotion and Emotion Regulation in the Family, Ross A. Thompson 12. Emotion Regulation in Adolescence, Michaela Riediger and Kathrin Klipker 13. Emotion Regulation and Aging, Susan Turk Charles and Laura L. Carstensen V. Social Aspects 14. Social Baseline Theory and the Social Regulation of Emotion, James A. Coan and Erin L. Maresh 15. Adult Attachment and Emotion Regulation, Phillip R. Shaver and Mario Mikulincer 16. Attitudes, Evaluation, and Emotion Regulation, Christopher R. Jones, Tabitha Kirkland, and William A. Cunningham 17. Emotion Regulation in Couples, Robert W. Levenson, Claudia M. Haase, Lian Bloch, Sarah R. Holley, and Benjamin H. Seider 18. The Cultural Regulation of Emotions, Batja Mesquita, Jozefien de Leersnyder, and Dustin Albert VI. Personality Processes and Individual Differences 19. Temperament and Emotion Regulation, Mary K. Rothbart, Brad E. Sheese, and Michael I. Posner 20. Three Approaches to Individual Differences in Affect Regulation: Conceptualization, Measures, and Findings, Oliver P. John and Joshua Eng 21. Desire and Desire Regulation: Basic Processes and Individual Differences, Wilhelm Hofmann and Hiroki Kotabe 22. Emotion Goals: How Their Content, Structure, and Operation Shape Emotion Regulation, Iris B. Mauss and Maya Tamir 23. Self-Awareness and Self-Relevant Thought in the Experience and Regulation of Emotion, Mark R. Leary and Dina Gohar VII. Psychopathology 24. Emotion Regulation in Anxiety Disorders, Laura Campbell-Sills, Kristen Ellard, and David H. Barlow 25. Emotion Regulation in Mood Disorders, Jutta Joormann and Matthias Siemer 26. Emotion Regulation in Substance Use Disorders, Hedy Kober 27. A Psychological Construction Account of Emotion Regulation and Dysregulation: The Role of Situated Conceptualizations, Lisa Feldman Barrett, Christine D. Wilson-Mendenhall, and Lawrence W. Barsalou VIII. Interventions 28. Emotion Regulation Therapy, Douglas S. Mennin and David M. Fresco 29. Dialectical Behavior Therapy: An Intervention for Emotion Dysregulation, Andrada D. Neacsiu, Martin Bohus, and Marsha M. Linehan 30. Regulation of Emotion through Modification of Attention, Colin MacLeod and Ben Grafton 31. Affect Regulation Training, Matthias Berking and Jeanine Schwarz 32. Mindfulness Interventions and Emotion Regulation, Norman A. S. Farb, Adam K. Anderson, Julie A. Irving, and Zindel V. Segal IX. Health Implications 33. Emotion Regulation and Gene Expression, Steven W. Cole 34. Early-Life Socioeconomic Status, Emotion Regulation, and the Biological Mechanisms of Disease across the Lifespan, Edith Chen and Gregory E. Miller 35. Emotion Regulation and Cardiovascular Disease Risk, Allison A. Appleton and Laura D. Kubzansky 36. Emotion and Self-Regulation Failure, Dylan D. Wagner and Todd F. Heatherton.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Reviewing the state of the science in a dynamic, thriving field, this influential handbook integrates knowledge from multiple psychological subdisciplines. Foremost experts address the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion regulation and examine how individuals develop and use regulatory strategies across the lifespan. The social context of emotion regulation is explored, as are personality processes and individual differences. Critical implications are discussed for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and health. Including helpful cross-referencing among chapters, the volume describes cutting-edge methods and identifies promising directions for future investigation. As a special bonus, purchasers of the second edition can download a supplemental e-book featuring several notable, highly cited chapters from the first edition. New to This Edition *Incorporates significant scientific advances and many new topics. *Greatly expanded coverage of clinical issues and applications. *Chapters on neural systems, delay of gratification, decision making, and health. *Chapters on adolescence, social baseline theory, and desire regulation, plus more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781462503506 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1462503500 (hardback : alk. paper)