Assessment and documentation in early childhood education
- Maarit Alasuutari, Ann-Marie Markström and Ann-Christine Vallberg-Roth.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vi, 149 pages ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.3 .S34 A43 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 131-145) and index.
- 1. Introduction I A VIEW ON CURRICULA, DIDAKTIK AND TEACHERS 2. Assessment and documentation in the ECE curriculum - a focus on the Nordic tradition 3. Different forms of documentation and assessment in ECE 4. Teachers in intensified assessment and documentation practices - a didaktik approach II AUDITING THE CHILD 5. Documentation and listening to the children 6. The 'normal' child III PARENTHOOD ON FOCUS 7. The governance and the pedagogicalization of parents 8. Parenthood between offline and online - about assessment and documentation IV CONCLUSION 9. Dilemmas of assessment and documentation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415661263 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Documentation in early childhood education is typically seen as a means to enhance the quality of care and education, and as a way to take account of the child's view. Assessment and Documentation in Early Childhood Education considers the increasing trend towards systematic child documentation especially in early childhood institutions. The authors present ways in which assessment and evaluation is done sometimes explicitly but more often implicitly in these practices, and explore its means, aims, forms, and functions. They also examine the rationalities of child documentation from the perspective of professional practice and professionalism and suggest that documentation and assessment practices can weaken and constrain but also empower and strengthen teachers, children and parents. Topics explored include: Different forms of documentation and assessment Documentation and listening to the children Dilemmas of assessment and documentation Participation by children Involvement of parents This timely book will be appealing for those studying in the field of early childhood education, teacher education, special education, general education, social work, counselling, psychology, sociology, childhood studies, and family studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415661263 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415661256 (hardback)
- 0415661250 (hardback)
- 9780415661263 (paperback)
- 0415661269 (paperback)
- 9781315818504 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: