Governance of genetic resources : a guide to navigating the complex global landscape
- Catherine Rhodes, University of Manchester, UK.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vii, 263 pages ; 24 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
|K3488.5 .R465 2013||Unknown|
- Rhodes, Catherine (Catherine Anne), author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 241-256) and index.
- Contents: 1. Introduction Part I: Resources and Issues for International Governance of Genetic Resources 2. Resources 3. Issues Part II: Current Landscape of Genetic Resources Governance 4. Actors 5. Rules 6. Emerging Trends and Initiatives 7. Problems and Implications Part III: Improved Governance 8. Improved Governance 9. Conclusion References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781781006993 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Governance of Genetic Resources maps out a landscape of the international governance of genetic resources. It shows what governance efforts currently exist, what is missing, which areas are problematic, and outlines what the international community should be aiming for in regard to its future development and implementation. The book begins by exploring the historical development of international genetic resources governance and considers why the area has become so significant and complex. It goes on to analyse the current situation and develop recommendations on what governance efforts should be achieving for the future. This timely study will be of interest to students and academics concerned with the management of genetic resources and its connection to issues such as intellectual property rights, biodiversity conservation and food security. It will appeal strongly to academic researchers in the fields of international relations, international law and global governance, environmental science, development studies, and the biosciences. The book will also appeal to policy-makers and practitioners, particularly those working in or with international organisations involved in genetic resources governance and to national decision makers seeking information on the international context for genetic resources management.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781781006993 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781781006993 (hbk.)
- 1781006997 (hbk.)
- 9781781007006 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: