Communication and creativity in the math classroom : non-traditional activities and strategies that stress life skills
- Nicholas J. Rinaldi.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a Division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 83 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA11.2 .R558 2014||Unknown|
- Rinaldi, Nicholas J., 1945- author.
- Preface Introduction Chapter 1: Let's Begin at the Beginning *Unusual Equations *Three of a Kind *Palindrome Puzzler *Famous Structures *How Observant Are You? *Miscellaneous Brain Teasers Chapter 2: Can We Talk? *You and Me *Do I Have to Draw You a Picture? *Joy Ride *Oh, Say Can You See *Lady Liberty and Me *Talking Baseball *To Serve a Serving *Troublesome Technology *Is Love Transitive? *Student Presentations *Do It Up Front *Remember? *Engaging Questions/Comments Chapter 3: Let's Create Creativity *A Picture is Worth a Thousand Points *I Am a Geometric Figure *I Am a Number *Once Upon a Time *Game Time Chapter 3.14: Happy Pi Day *Overview *Materials and Activities Chapter 4: In Search Of... *Geometry Scavenger Hunt *Number Scavenger Hunt *Transformation Treasure Trek Chapter 5: But Wait! There's Still More *Linguini Lines *Word Chains *Your Guess Is As Good As Mine *Emergency Folder *Random Students *Take Me Out to The Ball Game *The Equation of a Line *It's a Sine of the Times Conclusion Appendix Answers to Selected Exercises.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475806922 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Whether you are a new or an experienced teacher, Communication and Creativity in the Math Classroom provides you with classroom-tested activities and ideas which are motivating, engaging, and meaningful to students. Traditional textbooks commonly feature conventional, un-engaging, and somewhat boring problems and activities. Communication and Creativity in the Math Classroom provides you with activities and ideas which stress life skills such as communicating more effectively, being creative, analyzing a variety of problems, following directions, and working cooperatively with others. These skills are very valuable but are rarely addressed in the traditional math curriculum. The materials and ideas in this book allow you to interject these skills into your daily lessons while covering various mathematical topics. Many of the easily reproducible activities can be used as assessments; consequently, suggested scoring rubrics are included as well as helpful strategies and observations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475806922 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781475806922 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475806922 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475806939 (electronic)
- 1475806930 (electronic)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: