Test anxiety : applied research, assessment, and treatment interventions
- Marty Sapp.
- Third edition.
- Lanham : University Press of America, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 177 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3060.6 .S27 2014||Unknown|
- Sapp, Marty, 1958- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments Part 1: Applied Research Chapter 1: Variables Employed in Test Anxiety Research Chapter 2: Internal Validity Chapter 3: Difficulties that Occur with Test Anxiety Research Chapter 4: Common Research Designs Chapter 5: Measures of Central Tendency and Measures of Variability Part II: Measurement Issues Chapter 6: Measurement Issues Chapter 7: Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling Using EQS Part III: Assessment Chapter 8: Assessment Part IV: Treatment Interventions Chapter 9: Treatment Interventions Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761862390 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is designed to give students and researchers the confidence to understand, assess, treat, and research test anxiety. Marty Sapp presents the various cognitive and behavioral theories of test anxiety along with instruments for measuring test anxiety. He integrates statistical methodology, measurement, and research designs with actual research situations that occur within the test anxiety field. In addition, the SPSS codes for conducting sample reliability and validity are provided along with the codes for finding confidence intervals around population reliability measures. Like the previous edition, the logic of structural equations modeling is presented with the EQS structural equations program. Many researchers view test anxiety as existing of factors such as Sarasons's four-factor model or Spielberger's two-factor model. Both models can be easily analyzed by EQS. In terms of treatment, affective, cognitive, behavioral, hypnosis, systematic desensitization, Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and the Eye-Movement Technique (EMT) are presented. This book integrates applied research designs and statistical and measurement methodology that frequently occur in the test anxiety literature, but the methodological treatment of research is nonmathematical. Finally, extensive discussions of treatments for test anxiety are provided.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761862390 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
Browse related items
Start at call number: