Buddhist music of Tianjin [electronic resource] : Naxi music from Lijiang
- Sino-Tibetan (Other), Chinese. Track 7 (disc 1) sung as gong-che (sol-fa); vocal works on disc 2 (tracks 1, 3, 6, 9-10) sung in Naxi with introduction on track 10 spoken in Chinese.
- Hong Kong : Naxos Digital Services/Nimbus, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- 1. Lanhua mei = Blue-blossomed plum (9:43) ; Dao ti jindeng = Cleaning the golden lantern (10:30) ; Kaitan bo = Cymbals to inaugurate the altar (3:16) ; Xingdao zhang = Movement for practising the way (21:15) ; Shifan-yichuan yu (9:57) ; Elangzi (7:06) ; Yan guo nanlou = Geese crossing over the southern mansion (with Li Jinwen, vocals) (9:27).
- 2. Qigu santong = Drumroll/Bagua = Eight trigrams (11:17) ; Wannian hua = Eternal flowers (4:17)
- Shi gongyang = Ten offerings (9:35) ; Bubu jiao = Dainty steps (7:02) ; Shanpo yang = Sheep on the hill (4:10) ; Yuanshi = Primordial (5:39) ; Dao chun lai = Spring has come (4:49) ; Dao xia lai = Summer has come (5:22) ; Qinghe laoren = Clear stream and the old man (6:40) ; Shoujing jie : Closing ode (4:05) ; Guqi : folksong melody (with Wang Chaoxin, leizi bili) (2:38) ; Nzer-tso : dance tune (with Wang Chaoxin, leizi bili) (3:06) ; Dadiao : dance tune (with Wang Chaoxin, leizi bili) (2:54).
- Release date
- Production date
- Streaming audio.
- Disc 1 principally Chinese ensemble music for wind and percussion instruments; Disc 2 sacred and folk music.
- Tianjin Buddhist Music Ensemble (disc 1) ; Dayan Ancient Music Association (disc 2).
- Recorded Nov. 9, 1993 (disc 1), and Oct. 11, 1995 (disc 2), at St. Judes on the Hill.
- Publisher Number
- NI7064-65 Naxos Digital Services/Nimbus