The description of the Holy Land, : conteining the places mentioned in the foure Evangelists, with other places about the sea coasts, wherein may be seene the wayes and journeyes of Christ and his Apostles in Iudea, Samaria, and Galile: for into these three parts this Land is divided
- [London] : [Christopher Barker], .
- Physical description
- 1 map : woodcut, hand colored ; 10 x 13 cm
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
The Renaissance Exploration Map Collection contains maps of the Old and the New World primarily from the period of the European Renaissance., The Renaissance Exploration Map Collection contains maps of the Old and the New World primarily from the period of the European Renaissance.
- Digital collection
- 637 digital items
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale not determined ; (E 33°47'00"--E 39°23'00"/N 33°20'00"--N 28°57'00").
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Index: The places specified in the Mappe...
- Imprint taken from book.
- Decorative border with latitudinal and longitudinal markings.
- Shows buildings, ships.
- Probably drawn after the Geneva Bible, 1560.
- Probably drawn after Guillaume Postel's map.
- Tooley, 453-454.
- Related Items
- Appears in Barker's The New Testament, 1595.
- On this copy verso text shows through.