The savvy principal : what streetwise principals know
- Capelluti, Jody.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Physical description
- xviii, 115 pages ; 24 cm
LB2831.9 .C34 2014
- Unknown LB2831.9 .C34 2014
- Preface Introduction Acknowledgments Selecting the Right Boss and Community Where you Choose to Live is a Career and Life Changing Decision Balance Home and Work or you Fail Real Change isn't Easy Six Keys to Leading a Successful Change Initiative Making Decisions that Stick Dealing with Really Difficult Issues How to Get Teachers Who Say No to Say Yes How May I Contact You, Let Me Reduce the Ways Only Hire Superstars Enhance Your Reputation- Make Every Meeting Matter What your Office Tells Others About You Playing the Visibility Game The Kiss of Death If you Allow it, You Approve It Parents Are Your Best Friends How to Become a Savvy Principal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a manual on how to become a streetwise and savvy principal. These leaders do things very differently from other principals and what they do that distinguishes them is not found in studies on effective principals. There are two reasons for this: 1.) researchers aren't asking the right questions and 2.) even if researchers were asking the right questions, principals would be reluctant to reveal their responses because of the controversial nature. This book provides specific and candid suggestions and ideas for becoming a standout leader. It recommends actions and strategies to positively influence others behavior. It also suggests tactics and actions to avoid. Because, in reality, if principals are successful: students, teachers, schools and superintendents will benefit. And if this is the case; it naturally follows that school boards, parents and communities will be proud and pleased with what is happening in their schools. Everyone wins when the principal is successful.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jody Capelluti.
- 9781610486255 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610486250 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610486262 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610486269 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610486279 (electronic)