At-risk students : transforming student behavior
- Beach, Charisse, author.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 107 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LC4801 .B43 2014
- Unknown LC4801 .B43 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105).
- Preface Introduction Chapter 1: Achievement Disparities Chapter 2: Parents at Risk Chapter 3: Characteristics of At-risk Students Chapter 4: Oliver: At-Risk Adolescent Case Study Chapter 5: The Behavior System Chapter 6: Response to Intervention Chapter 7: Departmentalized vs. School-within-a-school Chapter 8: Customized Curriculum Strategies Chapter 9: Breaking the Barriers Conclusion Glossary References About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- At-Risk Students: Transforming Student Behavior details the warning signs of disturbing behaviors, which are often overlooked by educators and/or misdiagnosed by mental health professionals. Educators will be provided with the tools to: expeditiously identify at-risk characteristics; incorporate policies that support and monitor their achievement; implement research-based strategies designed to create a positive school culture that promotes teaching and learning. At-risk Students was written for district and school administrators, department heads, teachers, individuals employed in a traditional public or charter school system, staff in an alternative school working with at-risk students, as well as anyone looking to incorporate a comprehensive behavior system into their strategic school improvement plans as a response to intervention. At-risk Students is a must-read supplement for graduate students seeking a degree in educational administration. Additional FREE features are available to download for this book at www.rowman.com.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Charisse Beach.
- Title Variation
- At risk students
- 9781475807066 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475807066 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475807073 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475807074 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475807080 (electronic)