Individualized learning with technology : meeting the needs of high school students
- Bernat, Christine Elizabeth author.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 219 pages ; 23 cm
LB1031 .B497 2014
- Unknown LB1031 .B497 2014
- Mueller, Richard J., 1927- author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction Chapter 1: Needed: A Revolution in Learning Chapter 2: The Educational Technology Solution Chapter 3: An Individualized Plan Based on Types of Memory Chapter 4: Improving Learning - "Lower Brain" Chapter 5: Improving Learning - "Higher Brain" Chapter 6: Enhancing Attention and Perception Chapter 7: Promoting Better Memory and Assessment Chapter 8: Enhancing Knowledge Formation Chapter 9: Providing for Experience - it's the Best Teacher Chapter 10: Cognitive and Technological Skill-Building Chapter 11: Applications for Cognitive and Technological Skill-Building Chapter 12: Individualizing Instruction Chapter 13: Applications for Individualized Instruction References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Today we are moving into an Information Revolution that is every bit as life altering as the previous Industrial Revolution. Students must now stay in school longer, and achieve at a much higher rate than in the past. But high school students can benefit from adult learning and instructional design principles used to successfully create training programs in the workplace. The reason that workplace training is successful is that learners are looked at individually (or in groups with similar characteristics), and then training is designed just for them. Training programs are also specifically designed to meet the new technology needs of the 21st century. This book can be a starting point for secondary education majors, high school teachers, and administrators to begin to consider how individualizing instruction could be done for high school students. With computerized applications implemented alongside a standardized curriculum, it can be possible for individual student needs to be met while also ensuring that group needs are also met. A powerful motivational factor can also be introduced that will make students want to learn, and to be life-long learners. The time is now.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Chris Bernat and Richard J. Mueller.
- 9781475805857 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475805853 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475805864 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475805861 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475805871 (electronic)