Teaching writing in the middle school : common core and more
- Anna J. Small Roseboro.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, .
- Physical description
- xviii, 280 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1631 .R62 2013||Unknown|
- Roseboro, Anna J. Small, 1945- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-271) and index.
- Foreword Preface Acknowledgments Introduction Chapter One - Scoping Out the Year in Preview - Plan Now To Be Effective and Efficient Chapter Two - Networking Socially at the Start of a School Year Chapter Three -Writing to Learn Across the Content Areas Chapter Four - Exploring Traditional and Contemporary Grammars Chapter Five - Telling It Like It Is: Inviting Informative Writing Chapter Six - Making the Case: Persuasive Writing Chapter Seven - Versing Life Together: Writing Patterned and Original Poems Chapter Eight - Entertaining Writing - The Short Story Chapter Nine - Playing It Right: Reading, Writing and Performing Drama Chapter Ten - Speaking of Grammars, Media Arts and Public Speaking Chapter Eleven - Celebrating Names: A Unit about Community and Identity Afterward Appendix Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475805413 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- More than 670,000 middle school teachers (grades 6-8) are responsible for educating nearly 13 million students in public and private schools. Thousands more teachers join these ranks annually, especially in the South and West, where ethnic populations are ballooning. Teachers and administrators seek practical, time-efficient ways of teaching language arts to 21st-century adolescents in increasingly multicultural, technologically diverse, socially networked communities. They seek sound understanding, practical advice, and proven strategies in order to connect diverse literature to 21st-century societies while meeting state and professional standards like the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts. This book offers strategies and resources that work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475805413 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781475805406 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475805403 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475805413 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475805411 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475805420 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: