Early mathematics learning : selected papers of the POEM 2012 conference
- Ulrich Kortenkamp ... [et al.].
- New York : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- xi, 326 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA135.6 .E27 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Table of Contents 0-1 Introduction Christiane Benz, Birgit Brandt, Ulrich Kortenkamp, Gotz Krummheuer, Silke Ladel and Rose Vogel 0-2 A dance of instruction with construction in mathematics education Norma Presmeg 1-1 It is quite confusing isn't it? - Implications of a National policy on mathematics teaching on the dance of instruction and construction of knowledge in the teaching of place value through manipulatives Judy Sayers and Patti Barber 1-2 Mathematical teaching moments: between instruction and construction Troels Lange, Tamsin Meaney, Eva Riesbeck, Anna Wernberg 1-3 "I have a little job for you" - Instructional practices in interaction processes between kindergarten teachers and young children in Germany Birgit Brandt 1-4 The Relationship between cultural Expectation and the local Realization of a Mathematics learning Environment Gotz Krummheuer 1-5 The Reflection of Spatial Thinking on the Interactional Niche in the Family - Interactional Niche in the Development of Mathematical Thinking (NMT) in Familial Situations Ergi Acar Bayraktar 2-1 The Roots of Mathematising in Young Children's Play Bert van Oers 2-2 Non-canonical Solutions in Children-Adult Interactions-A Case Study of the Emergence of Mathematical Creativity Melanie Munz 2-3 The Interplay between Gesture and Speech - Second Graders solve Mathematical Problems Melanie Huth 2-4 Children's Constructions in the Domain of Geometric Competencies (in two different instructional settings) Andrea Simone Maier, Christiane Benz 2-5 Identifying quantities - Children's constructions to compose collections from parts or decompose collections into parts Christiane Benz 3-1 Children's engagement with mathematics in kindergarten mediated by the use of digital tools M. Carlsen, I. Erfjord, & P. S. Hundeland 3-2 Mathematical Situations of Play and Exploration as an Empirical Research Instrument Rose Vogel 3-3 Number concepts - processes of internalization and externalization by the use of multi-touch technology Silke Ladel and Ulrich Kortenkamp 4-1 Intentional Teaching: Integrating the Processes of Instruction and Construction to Promote Quality Early Mathematics Education Jie-Qi Chen and Jennifer McCray 4-2 Professionalization of Early Childhood Educators with a Focus on Natural Learning Situations and Individual Development of Mathematical Competencies: Results from an Evaluation Study 19 Hedwig Gasteiger 4-3 Employing the CAMTE framework: Focusing on preschool teachers' knowledge and self-efficacy related to students' conceptions Pessia Tsamir, Dina Tirosh, Esther Levenson, Michal Tabach, Ruthi Barkai 4-4 Early enhancement of kindergarten children potentially at risk in learning school mathematics - Design and quantitative findings of an intervention study Andrea Peter-Koop, Meike Grussing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book will gather current research in early childhood mathematics education. A special focus will be the tension between instruction and construction of knowledge. The book includes research on the design of learning opportunities, the development of mathematical thinking, the impact of the social setting and the professionalization of nursery teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781461446774 (hbk.)
- 1461446775 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: