Theoretical frameworks in college student research
- Terrell Lamont Strayhorn.
- Lanham, Maryland : University Press of America, 
- Physical description
- xiii, 92 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2326.3 .S773 2013||Unknown|
- Strayhorn, Terrell L., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -88) and index.
- Foreword Preface Acknowledgments 1 Introduction 2 Studying Student Drop Out: Using Theory as a Guiding Framework 3 Choosing Frameworks, Choosing Colleges 4 Understanding Challenges, Seeing Supports: Using Sanford's Theory with Black Males 5 College Impact Theory and Academic Achievement of First-Generation Students 6 Sentido de Pertenencia: Interrogating Sense of Belonging for Latino College Students 7 Theoretical Frameworks in College Student Research: Conclusions References About The Author Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761860891 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Theoretical Frameworks in College Student Research was written to offer those who engage in college student research a framework, tool, or guide for understanding the role that theory plays in research. Each of the seven chapters in the volume are organized around five major questions which address the essence of theory, central tenants and concepts of prevailing theories, examples of how the author and others have used the theory in previous research, as well as insights for future research. An impressive set of references points to the expansive literature that informs this new volume.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761860891 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780761860884 (clothbound : alk. paper)
- 0761860886 (clothbound : alk. paper)
- 9780761860891 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 0761860894 (paperback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: