Advanced polymer concretes and compounds
- Oleg Figovsky, Dimitry Beilin.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- State of the Art in Polymer Concrete Nature of Polymer Concrete Composition of Polymer Concretes Types of Polymer Concretes Physical-Mechanical Properties of Polymer Concrete Intended Use of Polymer Concretes Advanced Polymer Concretes Based on Novel Binders Polymer Concrete Based on Vulcanized Polybutadiene Matrix Structure of RubCon Physical-Mechanical Properties of RubCon Strength of Reinforced RubCon RubCon Creep Chemical Resistance of RubCon Manufacturing Process of RubCon Structures and Products Method of Thermal Treatment of a Protective Covering Based on Liquid Polybutadiene Binder by Electric Curing Production Technology of Fiber-Reinforced RubCon Field Application of RubCon Polymer Concrete Based on Organo-Silicate Matrix Optimal Composition of Silicate Polymer Concrete Chemical Resistance and Durability of Silicate Polymer Concrete Adhesion Strength of Joints of Precast Silicate Polymer Concrete Structural Members Fracture and Crack Resistance of Silicate Polymer Concrete Nonisocyanate Polyurethanes Based on Cyclic Carbonates Polyhydroxyurethanes and Hybrid Nonisocyanate Polyurethanes Hydroxyurethane Modifiers Silicon-Contained and Nano-sructured Hydroxyurethane Compounds List of ASTM Standards Cited in Chapter 4 Crack-Resistant and Anticorrosive Coatings Based on Vulcanized Water Dispersion of Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene Introduction Coating Composition Physical-Mechanical Properties and Corrosion Resistance of the Vulcanized CSPE Coating Application of CSPE Coating for Forming Concrete and Reinforced Concrete Structures Phenomenological Model of Crack-Resistant Coatings for Concrete Substrates. List of ASTM Standards Cited in Chapter 5 Epoxy-Rubber Coatings with Nano-Heterogenic Structure Structure and Properties of Advanced Epoxy-Rubber Composition Repair and Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Epoxy-Rubber Coatings Nanostructured Binder for Acid-Resistant Building Materials Composition of the Novel Nanostructured Binder Waterborne Fire-Protective and Heat-Stability Coating Compositions Coating Compositions Physical-Mechanical Properties of the New Fire-Protective and Heat-Insulating Coating Compositions List of ASTM Standards Cited in Chapter 8.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- One way of improving performance attributes of building structures is to use a new class of materials-polymer composites. They have unique properties that combine high strength with features of non-metallic materials. Polymer concretes (PC) appear to offer many possibilities for producing new materials with desired physical and mechanical characteristics, such as improved mechanical strength, low permeability, and greater chemical resistance. Advanced Polymer Concretes and Compounds presents the results of theoretical and experimental research on efficient building material composites based on advanced polymer binders. This book examines the composition and properties of two new polymer concretes that have potential to solve various construction issues: rubber concrete based on a polybutadiene binder and silicate polymer concrete with an organo-silicate matrix. It examines the physical, mechanical, and technological properties of these PCs as well as their behavior in harsh environments and durability and reliability issues. The authors describe a new environmentally friendly polymer for monolithic industrial floor coverings and coatings-nonisocyanate polyurethanes. They also discuss advanced crack-resistant coatings based on water dispersion of chlorosulfonated polyethylene, which can be used on concrete, metal, and plastic for various industrial uses such as aircraft, automobiles, paint, and in shipbuilding and civil engineering. The book covers a new type of epoxy composition with nano-heterogenic structure with potential for better mechanical properties and chemical resistance, acid-resistant building materials based on a nanostructured binder, and an advanced environmentally friendly and weather-resistant fire-protective coating for indoor and outdoor application to flammable substrates. With a focus on novel concretes and protective compounds for a variety of environments, this book reflects the newest developments in the rapidly growing field of building materials engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9781466590328 (hardback)
- 9781466590342 (e-book : PDF)
- 1466590343 (e-book : PDF)