Concrete and steel construction : quality control and assurance
- El-Reedy, Mohamed A. (Mohamed Abdallah), author.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction Effective Total Quality Management System Introduction Quality System ISO 9000 Quality Management Requirements Project Quality Control in Various Stages Operational Phase of the Project Total Building Commissioning System Concrete Materials and Tests Introduction Concrete Materials Test Admixtures References Concrete Materials Tests Introduction Essential Statistics Information Basics of Concrete Mix Design Egyptian Code British Standard (BS) American Specifications (ACI) Fresh Concrete Tests Define Concrete Density Define Settlement for Fresh Concrete Determining Compaction Factor for Fresh Concrete High Performance Concrete Mix Pumped Concrete Mix References Construction Quality Control Introduction Execute the Wooden Form Allowable Tolerance in the Dimensions Detailing, Fabrication and Installation of The Steel Bar Concrete Cover and Its Specifications Concrete Pouring Compaction Procedure Execute Curing Hot Weather Concrete High Strength Concrete Quality Self-Compacted Concrete (SCC) Lightweight Aggregate Concrete Cold Weather References Non-Destructive Test for Concrete Introduction Core Test Rebound Hammer Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Load Test for Concrete Members Pullout Test Define Chloride Content in Harden Concrete Concrete Cover Measurements Comparison between Different Tests Steel Structure Quality Control Introduction Steel Properties Design Situations Connection Welding Types Stud Weld Quality Control on Site Inspection and Testing References Non Destructive Testing For Steel Structure Introduction Visual Test Radiographic Test Ultrasonic Test Penetration Test Magnetic Particle Test References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Starting with the receipt of materials and continuing all the way through to the final completion of the construction phase, Concrete and Steel Construction: Quality Control and Assurance examines all the quality control and assurance methods involving reinforced concrete and steel structures. This book explores the proper ways to achieve high-quality construction projects, and also provides a strong theoretical and practical background. It introduces information on quality techniques and quality management, and covers the principles of quality control. The book presents all of the quality control and assurance protocols and non-destructive test methods necessary for concrete and steel construction projects, including steel materials, welding and mixing, and testing. It covers welding terminology and procedures, and discusses welding standards and procedures during the fabrication process, as well as the welding codes. It also considers the total quality management system based on ISO 9001, and utilizes numerous international and industry building standards and codes. * Covers AISC, ACI, BS, and AWS codes * Examines methods for concrete quality control in hot and cold weather applications, as well as material properties * Illustrates methods for non-destructive testing of concrete and for steel welding-radiographic, ultrasonic, and penetration and other methods. * Addresses ISO 9001 standards-designed to provide organizations better quality control systems * Includes a checklist to be considered as a QA template Developed as a handbook for industry professionals, this book also serves as a resource for anyone who is working in construction and on non-destructive inspection testing for concrete and steel structures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Mohamed A. El-Reedy.
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9781466577947
- 9781466577961 (e-book : PDF)
- 1466577967 (e-book : PDF)