Process engineering and design using Visual Basic®
- Arun Datta.
- Second edition.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Datta, Arun, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic MathematicsIntroductionPhysical constantsMensurationAlgebraTrigonometryAnalytical geometryCalculusDifferential equationsPartial differential equationsNumerical analysisUnit conversionsProgrammingReferencesThermodynamicsIntroductionHeat, work, and energyFirst law of thermodynamicsPhase ruleReversible processHeat content or enthalpyHeat capacity at constant volume and constant pressureIsothermal processAdiabatic processEquation of stateSecond law of thermodynamicsThermodynamic propertiesFlash calculationProgrammingNomenclatureGreek charactersReferencesFluid MechanicsIntroductionBernoulli's theoremFlow measurementsFrictional pressure dropTwo-K methodHydraulics: General guidelinesHydraulics: Compressible fluidsHeat lossHydraulics: Two-phase flowProgrammingNomenclatureGreek charactersReferencesHeat TransferIntroductionConductive heat transferHeat conduction through a composite wallHeat conduction through multiple cylindrical wallsHeat conduction through the wall of a sphereMultidimensions steady-state heat conductionOne-dimensional unsteady heat conductionThermal conductivity of various materials/componentsThermal conductivities of hydrocarbon liquidsConvective heat transferEstimation of pressure dropLog mean temperature differenceOverall heat-transfer coefficientRadiation heat transferDouble-pipe heat exchangerHeat exchanger specificationBatch heating and coolingHeat transfer in agitated vesselsMinimum metal temperature during depressuring operationProgrammingNomenclatureSubscriptsGreekReferencesDistill ationIntroductionRelative volatilityVapor-liquid equilibriumRaoult's law: Ideal solutionsMaterial balance for two-component systemsMcCabe-Thiele methodSmoker equationsApproximate column sizingTray efficiencyColumn hydraulics and designTray pressure dropHeight equivalent to theoretical plateEntrainmentWeeping and dumpingProgrammingReferencesSeparatorsIntroductionGeneral principles of separationVertical vs. horizontal separatorsDesign of a gas-liquid separatorDesign of liquid-liquid separatorsMist eliminatorGeneral dimensions and setting of levelsSeparator internalsSeparator controlHigh-performance separatorDesign parametersSeparator programNomenclatureGreek charactersReferencesOverpressure ProtectionIntroductionDefinitionTypes of pressure relief valvesSelection of pressure relief valvesPRV installation and line sizingContingency quantificationSizing procedureSIL analysisProgrammingNomenclatureGreek charactersReferencesGlycol DehydrationIntroductionBasic schemePhysical propertiesDesign aspectsProgrammingReferencesIndex.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439862810 20160711
- Publisher's Summary
- Software tools are a great aid to process engineers, but too much dependence on such tools can often lead to inappropriate and suboptimal designs. Reliance on software is also a hindrance without a firm understanding of the principles underlying its operation, since users are still responsible for devising the design.In Process Engineering and Design Using Visual Basic, Arun K. Datta provides a unique and versatile suite of programs along with simultaneous development of the underlying concepts, principles, and mathematics. Each chapter details the theory and techniques that provide the basis for design and engineering software and then showcases the development and utility of programs developed using the material outlined in the chapter. This all-inclusive guide works systematically from basic mathematics to fluid mechanics, separators, overpressure protection, and glycol dehydration, providing basic design guidelines based on international codes. Worked examples demonstrate the utility of each program, while the author also explains problems and limitations associated with the simulations.After reading this book you will be able to immediately put these programs into action and have total confidence in the result, regardless of your level of experience. Companion Visual Basic and Excel files are available for download on under the "Downloads/Updates" tab on this web page.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439862810 20160711
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Process engineering and design using Visual Basic
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9781439862803 (hardback) )
- 9781439862810 (e-book : PDF)