Cathodic protection of steel in concrete and masonry
- edited by Paul M. Chess, John P. Broomfield.
- Uniform Title
- Cathodic protection of steel in concrete.
- Second edition.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Corrosion in reinforced concrete structures Paul M. Chess Corrosion in masonry structures David Farrell Site appraisal to enable efficient cathodic protection design John Broomfield Cathodic protection mechanism and a review of criteria Kevin Davies and John Broomfield History and principles of cathodic protection for reinforced concrete Paul M. Chess and John Broomfield Immersed cathodic protection design Arnaud Meillier Design of a cathodic protection system for exposed reinforced concrete structures Paul M. Chess Design of a cathodic protection system for masonry John Broomfield Design of cathodic protection systems for new reinforced concrete structures Richard Palmer Power supplies Paul M. Chess and Frits Gronvold Monitoring cathodic protection in concrete and masonry structures John Broomfield Case studies of cathodic protection installations Hernani Esteves, Rene Brueckner, Chris Atkins and Tony Gerrard Economic aspects Paul Lambert Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Revised and updated, this second edition of Cathodic Protection of Steel in Concrete and Masonry covers both reinforced concrete and masonry structures, describes in detail the overall design factors involved in cathodic protection (CP), and also provides a theoretical basis for why it works. It refers to the new European standard EN 12696 for cathodic protection where relevant. What's new in the Second Edition: * Updates techniques and methods * Includes applications to new materials, and new examples * Considers the virtues and drawbacks of CP * Gives guidance on new practices, standards and their suitability Cathodic Protection of Steel in Concrete and Masonry, Second Edition describes the CP systems, and their history, structure, the choice of remediation or life enhancement, design, installation, performance measurement, and costs. It includes examples of corrosion induced damage, diagnostic techniques and preliminary studies to facilitate effective CP system design, the effects of CP on the metal surface. It also explores the early use of CP, the various impressed current anodes, power supply categories practical considerations, and design criteria for the use of CP as a means of enhancing durability. It is especially written for practicing civil engineer professionals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Revised edition of: Cathodic protection of steel in concrete. c1998.
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9780415395038 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780203938072 (e-book : PDF)
- 0203938070 (e-book : PDF)
- 9780415395038 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0415395038 (hardcover : alk. paper)