The Bologna Process in Central and Eastern Europe
- Wiesbaden : Springer VS, .
- Physical description
- 377 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.
LA628 .B66 2014
- Unknown LA628 .B66 2014
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Bologna Process.- Comparative Education.- Central and Eastern Europe.- Higher Education.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Bologna Process opened a new chapter in the history of the European higher education. The idea of a common European Higher Education Area was developed in Western Europe and accelerated increasingly there in the second half of the 20th century, as a phenomenon of globalization. For the post-communist states in Eastern Europe the complete change of the political system made it possible to join the European Union and the Bologna Process. These changes had an impact not only on the educational policies but also on the educational system and the educational culture as well. This book shows the changes in the higher education of ten countries in Central and Eastern Europe. The country studies are supplemented with an international and a historical comparative analysis, to point out the special features of the implementation of the Bologna aims in the region.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Tamás Kozma, Magdolna Rébay, Andrea Óhidy, Éva Szolár (eds.).
- Studien zur international vergleichenden Erziehungswissenschaft
- 9783658023324 (pbk.)
- 3658023325 (pbk.)