Characteristics of effective early learning : helping young children become learners for life
- edited by Helen Moylett.
- Maidenhead : Open University Press, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 150 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.23 .C43 2013||Unknown|
- Moylett, Helen, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- How Young Children Learn: Introduction and Overview The Importance of Self-Regulation for Learning from Birth Playing and Exploring Active Learning Creating and Thinking Critically Observing, Assessing and Planning for How Young Children are Learning Early Years Settings as Learning Communities Improving How Children Learn in Primary Schools: building on early years.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780335263264 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Understanding child development is fundamental to providing the right support for young learners. This book aims to help practitioners understand more about how children learn and to reflect on the implications of that understanding for supporting learning in the early years. Furthermore the revised statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2012) makes it mandatory for practitioners in England to support learning and development through promoting the characteristics of effective early learning: play and exploring, active learning, and creating and thinking critically. This book takes the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Characteristics of Effective Early Learning as its overarching theme and unpacks their potential impact on effective practice from birth to five, exploring how children learn in both early years and into Key Stage One, including how practitioners must report on how children demonstrate these characteristics as part of the revised EYFS profile (the summative assessment at the end of the EYFS). Contributors: Di Chilvers, Clare Crowther, Kim Porter, Sue Rogers, Judith Stevens, Nancy Stewart, David Whitebread.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780335263264 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Helping young children become learners for life.
- Also issued online.
- 9780335263264 (pbk)
- 0335263267 (pbk)
- 9780335263271 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: