The architecture of school improvement : lessons learned
- Joseph Murphy.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, a SAGE company, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 123 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .M87 2013||Unknown|
- Murphy, Joseph, 1949- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 117) and index.
- The DNA of School Improvement Preface About the Author Tales of School Improvement The Mournful Tale of the Death of Mr. School Improvement The Case of the Remarkable Reappearance of Mr. School Improvement The Return of Mr. School Improvement Framework for School Improvement Essential Lessons Epilogue References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268224 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The book will be an analog to the volume Corwin published in 2011, Essential Lessons for School Leaders. Specifically, there will be between 100 and 125 lessons, each of which will be highlighted on a separate page. For example: prevention trumps remediation context always matters. School improvement is about layering small gains. Most of these will be framed as laws, as was the case in the Lessons for Leaders volume. One difference is that this book will begin with a 13-page fable, The Mournful Tale of the Death of Mr. School Improvement, ' in which many of these laws fail to play out. Murphy may also generate a closing fable where lessons are seen not in breach but in practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268224 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781452268224 (pbk.)
- 1452268223 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: