Creating outstanding classrooms : a whole-school approach
- Oliver Knight and David Benson.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- xv, 413 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .K63 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 401-402) and index.
- Learning in the 21st Century-- 1. Curriculum Planning-- 2. Teacher Practices - the nuts and bolts-- 3. Every Teacher is a Teacher of Language-- 4. Assessment Models - what do we value and are we assessing it?-- 5. Leadership - the framework for creating the culture.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415831178 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This timely new book outlines a whole-school approach to embedding a sustainable model of teaching and learning that puts the learner at the heart of the system. It provides an entire framework for ensuring all students achieve above their expectations; incorporating school vision, teacher professional development, assessment models, school culture, leadership and management, and core classroom practices. It takes what the current research suggests does - and does not - work and builds it into a practical approach that has been tried, tested and proven to work. Each section incorporates the research, a model of how this can be embedded across a school and then a training section that allows senior leaders in schools to teach the skill-set to others to ensure it can be embedded and reviewed. Covering all aspect of teaching and learning including curriculum design, teacher practices, assessment and leadership, the book features: a clear planning framework that is easy to implement; subject based case studies to exemplify good practice; diagrams to clarify and consolidate information; training activities throughout each chapter, also available to download at www.routledge.com/9780415831178. Designed to be used as a training tool for both new and established teachers, this book is essential reading for senior leaders that want to equip their teachers with the skills and knowledge to create a school of outstanding classrooms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415831178 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780415831161 (hardback)
- 0415831164 (hardback)
- 9780415831178 (paperback)
- 0415831172 (paperback)
- 9781315889931 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: