An architectural approach to instructional design
- Andrew S. Gibbons.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Physical description
- xiii, 465 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.38 .G53 2014||Unknown|
- Gibbons, Andrew S.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 444-453) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgements Section One - Fundamentals Chapter 1 - Introduction Chapter 2 - Design Layers Chapter 3 - Design Process Chapter 4 - Systems in Design Chapter 5 - New Contexts of Instructional Design Chapter 6 - Instructional Design and Theory Chapter 7 - Operational Principles and Design Languages Section Two - Design in Layers Chapter 8 - Design Within the Message Layer Chapter 9 - Design Within the Control Layer Chapter 10 - Design Within the Representation Layer Chapter 11 - Design Within the Content Layer Chapter 12 - Design Within the Strategy Layer Chapter 13 - Design Within the Data Management Layer Chapter 14 - Design Within the Media-Logic Layer Section Three - The Designer's Value-Added Chapter 15 - Layers and Modularity Chapter 16 - Adding Value to the Organization Appendix A - Target Population Analysis Appendix B - Current Training and Resources Analysis Appendix C - Evaluation Planning Appendix D - Management Planning Appendix E - Implementation Planning References Author Biography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415807395 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Winner of the 2014 AECT Design & Development Outstanding Book Award An Architectural Approach to Instructional Design is organized around a groundbreaking new way of conceptualizing instructional design practice. Both practical and theoretically sound, this approach is drawn from current international trends in architectural, digital, and industrial design, and focuses on the structural and functional properties of the artifact being designed rather than the processes used to design it. Harmonious with existing systematic design models, the architectural approach expands the scope of design discourse by introducing new depth into the conversation and merging current knowledge with proven systematic techniques. An architectural approach is the natural result of increasing technological complexity and escalating user expectations. As the complexity of design problems increases, specialties evolve their own design languages, theories, processes, tools, literature, organizations, and standards. An Architectural Approach to Instructional Design describes the implications for theory and practice, providing a powerful and commercially relevant introduction for all students of instructional design.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415807395 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780415807388 (hardback)
- 0415807387 (hardback)
- 9780415807395 (pbk.)
- 0415807395 (pbk.)
- 9780203075203 (ebk)
- 020307520X (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: