Beta nucleation of polypropylene [electronic resource] : properties, technology, and applications
- Philip Jacoby.
- Waltham, MA : William Andrew, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- PDL handbook series.
- Jacoby, Philip.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Beta Nucleation of Polypropylene, Dr. Philip Jacoby, one of the world's leading experts in the beta nucleation of polypropylene and its related applications, provides insight about the benefits of the material. The book thoroughly covers the required processing know-how to achieve these benefits, as well as fundamental knowledge of beta-nucleated polypropylene, nucleating agents, examples of applications, and a clear differentiation between the properties and design characteristics of conventional and beta-nucleated polypropylene. Beta-nucleated polypropylene has better strength and rigidity than conventional polypropylene, allowing for reduced weight and cost in applications and improved productivity through lowered cycle times. Applications include the automotive industry, electronics, packaging, household appliances, sport equipment, construction, textile, agriculture, and medical. This book discusses these applications in detail, showing how beta nucleation has been used to add value or produce a new product. It also addresses the influence of processing conditions on optimizing properties and performance. * Only comprehensive review of beta-nucleated polypropylene technology and applications available* The author is one of the world's leading experts in this field* Shows how to achieve cost savings and product improvements using beta nucleation technology compared to existing polypropylene fabrication practices and enables implementation of the technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- PDL handbook series
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9781306167925 )
- 1306167922 (electronic bk.)
- 9781306167925 (electronic bk.)
- 9781455775453 (electronic bk.)
- 1455775452 (electronic bk.)