How to design, write, and present a successful dissertation proposal
- Elizabeth A. Wentz.
- Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE, 
- Physical description
- xvii, 213 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2369 .W39 2014||Unknown|
- Wentz, Elizabeth A., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: Ethics Chapter 3: Curriculum Vita Chapter 4: Area of Specialization Chapter 5: Effective Reading Chapter 6: Effective Writing Chapter 7: Literature Review Chapter 8: The Academic Village Chapter 9: Conceptualizing a Research Idea Chapter 10: Problem Statement Chapter 11: Research Methods Chapter 12: Research Proposal Chapter 13: Oral Presentations Chapter 14: Next Steps.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452257884 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This provides graduate students in the social and behavioural sciences with the specific set of skills needed to write a successful dissertation proposal. It gives guidance for the whole process, from introducing the role of the advisor and helping students narrow down their area of specialization, to assisting them with identifying their research question. Helpful advice on reading, the literature review, writing, defining the research question, and methods are provided. The book includes a substantive chapter on the proposal itself, followed by guidance on giving an oral presentation. There are also skill-building activities within each chapter to help the student create each section of the proposal.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452257884 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781452257884 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1452257884 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781483312590 (web pdf)
- 1483312593 (web pdf)
- 9781483323817 (epub)
- 1483323811 (epub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: