Student assessment : fast, frequent, and formative
- Debra J. Dirksen.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Physical description
- vi, 168 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .D568 2014||Unknown|
- Dirksen, Debra J. (Debra Jean), author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-166) and index.
- Preface Chapter 1: Introduction: Press the Reset Button Chapter 2: Formative Assessment: Purpose Chapter 3: Formative Assessment: Reliability and Validity Chapter 4: Pre Assessments Chapter 5: Commercial Short-Cycle Assessments Chapter 6: Assignments and Assessments Chapter 7: Collaborative Learning Chapter 8: Writing Chapter 9: Graphic Organizers Chapter 10: Games Chapter 11: Discussions Chapter 12: Technology Chapter 13: Efficiency in Data Collection and Analysis Chapter 14: Instructional Interventions Chapter 15: Bringing it all together Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475801200 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- When playing video games, players are able to press the reset button when something goes wrong and realize they are missing an essential skill needed to win the game. In education, we can use formative assessment as a means for the student to press the virtual reset button. Educators can ensure that students gain the skills needed to be successful learners in their classroom. In this book, the author provides strategies and techniques, such as the use of graphic organizers, quick writes, and journaling, to be used as formative assessments. Specific information about each tool and recommendations for data analysis and implementation are provided, helping teachers to implement formative assessment effectively and efficiently and allow their students to "preset the reset button" and master the skills they need to be successful in the classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475801200 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781475801200 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475801203 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475801217 (electronic)
- 1475801211 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: