Accountability is the key : unlocking school potential through enhanced educational leadership
- John Hunt.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vii, 127 pages ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806.22 .H86 2014||Unknown|
- Hunt, John, 1948- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 117-120) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments 1.The Current World 2.Why Money Matters 3.The Shadow System 4.Administrative Decision-Making: Conflict or Consensus? 5.Listening Skills: The Administrator's Best Friend 6.The Future of Administrative Accountability: Friend or Foe? References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475804669 20160613
- Publisher's Summary
- School administration is more difficult today than at any time in our history. Whether addressing the needs of students, parents or staff at the building level, or facing the questions posed by the board of education, the media or the general public at the district level, administrators face constant calls for accountability. Demands for administrative accountability have steadily increased since the publication of A Nation at Risk in 1983. The most recent trend has been to tie administrative evaluations to student performance, increasing stress among administrators at all levels. The cumulative effect of three decades of challenges to administrative authority has undermined the publics view of educational administrators as experts. The author examines the current state of public education, including the influence of private individuals and foundations, and alternative approaches to the educational delivery model and then highlights successful examples of public education. He concludes by considering input of current administrators and school board members and presents a strategy which educational administrators can employ to win back public confidence and support.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475804669 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475804652 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475804652 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475804669 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475804660 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475804676 (electronic : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: