Building cultural bridges in education
- edited by Nataša Bakić-Mirić and Davronzhon Erkinovich Gaipov.
- Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013.
- Physical description
- vi, 172 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HM1211 .B855 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Building Cultural Bridges in Education is a collection of 15 papers written by scholars from around the world, who came together in their shared interest to promote an understanding of, and appreciation for, the rich and varied contemporary theoretical assumptions and current trends in language, education, linguistics, literature and intercultural communication. As a result, the papers in this volume represent breadth and depth, rigor and relevance in discussion of numerous, and always varying, aspects of scientific discourse and lexis. The purpose of this volume is to highlight that contemporary scholars look upon topical issues through a dynamic global prism and beyond any strict set of rules, which would otherwise lead them to ignore the ever-shifting bridges in education, language teaching, linguistics, literature and culture, and the accompanying global cultural reality. The variety and complexity of these essays offer fresh views to the topic postulated in the book's title, and will additionally stimulate intellectual curiosity and research as well as further development of new ideas within the fields of education, language, literature and cultural studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781443852937 20160612
- Intercultural communication.
- Publication date
- 1443852937 (hardcover)
- 9781443852937 (hardcover)
- 9781443855662 (electronic bk.)
- 1443855669 (electronic bk.)
- 9781306309400 (MyiLibrary)
- 1306309409 (MyiLibrary)
Browse related items
Start at call number: