Molecular imprinting : principles and applications of micro- and nanostructured polymers
- Singapore : Pan Stanford Pub., c2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 277 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm
QD382 .I43 M66 2013
- Unknown QD382 .I43 M66 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- New Frontiers in Molecular Imprinting: from Micro- to Nano-Fafrication Synthetic Chemistry in Molecular Imprinting Rational Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Design: Theoretical and Computational Strategies Application of Controlled/"Living" Radical Polymerization Techniques in Molecular Imprinting Molecularly Imprinted Nanoparticles Molecularly Imprinted Nano- and Micro-Structures by Electrospinning Molecular Monolayers, Thin Films and Membranes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Molecular imprinting is one of the most efficient methods to fabricate functional polymer structures with pre-defined molecular recognition selectivity. Molecularly imprinted polymers (MIPs) have been used as antibody and enzyme mimics in a large number of applications. The outstanding stability and straightforward preparation make MIPs ideal substitutes for biologically derived molecular recognition materials, especially for development of affinity separation systems, chemical sensors and high selectivity catalysts. New MIP materials are being increasingly applied to solve challenging problems in environmental sciences, food safety control, biotechnology and medical diagnostics. Development in molecular imprinting research over the past decade has enabled tailor-designed molecular recognition sites to be created in synthetic materials with physical dimensions in the micro- and nano-regime. The new breakthroughs in MIP synthesis/fabrication have brought in many unprecedented functions of the micro- and nano-structured polymers. The aim of this review volume is to introduce to the readers the new developments in molecularly imprinted micro- and nano-structures, and the new applications that have been made possible with the new generation of imprinted materials.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Lei Ye.
- 9814310999 (cloth)
- 9789814310994 (cloth)
- 9814364878 (electronic bk.)
- 9789814364874 (electronic bk.)