Records of the Assistant Commissioner for the State of Alabama, Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, 1865-1870
- Washington : National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1972.
- Physical description
- 12 p. ; 23 cm.
- National Archives microfilm publications. Pamphlet describing ; M809.
- United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands > Archives > Microform catalogs.
- Freedmen > Alabama > History > Sources > Microform catalogs.
- African Americans > Alabama > History > 1863-1877 > Sources > Microform catalogs.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) > Alabama > Sources > Bibliography > Microform catalogs.
- Publication date
- National Archives microfilm publications. Pamphlet describing ; M809
- "The records reproduced in the microfilm publication are from Records of the Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, Record Group 105 in the National Archives building"--p.  of cover.
- Records include letters, reports, endorsements, telegrams, orders, and miscellaneous papers concerned with such activities in Alabama of the Bureau as: issuing supplies to the destitute, maintaining freedmen's schools, supervising labor contracts between Negro employees and white employers, helping Negro soldiers and sailors to collect bounty claims, pensions, and back pay, attending to the disposition of confiscated or abandoned lands and other property.