The systems thinking school : redesigning schools from the inside-out
- Peter A. Barnard.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield Education, Inc., 
- Physical description
- xviii, 175 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Leading systemic school improvement.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .B35 2013||Unknown|
- Barnard, Peter A.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-168) and index.
- Foreword Preface Prologue The Systems Thinking School Chapter 1 Systems Maintenance Chapter 2 A Systems Thinking Approach Chapter 3 The Systems Thinking Process Chapter 4 Wicked Problems, Schools, and Systemic Change Chapter 5 Wicked Problems and Loopy Solutions Chapter 6 Applying Single-loop Strategies to Double-loop Problems Chapter 7 Reform and Variation as Wicked Problems Chapter 8 Child Development, Customer Care, and Adaptive Systems Thinking Chapter 9 The School as an Interconnected Learning Process Chapter 10 Mixed-Age Mentoring Chapter 11 What Schools Say: Lessons for Managers Chapter 12 Building the Systems Thinking School Chapter 13 Assessment for Learning Chapter 14 Concluding Remarks Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book examines the school as an operational organization through the lens of systems thinking. In this way it serves as an invitation to look again at schools and how they operate as learning systems. It begins by showing exactly why our inherited, industrial school model, can never be made to work effectively no matter how hard school leaders try or how well schools are judged. This book uses systems thinking to explain and describe the management unlearning and new learning needed to create deep and fundamental changes to the way schools operate as complete learning entities. It explains why the reinstatement of the personal tutor in a vertical system is essential to the creation of a learning organization within a complete home/school operational learning process; one capable of building a values driven and more purposeful school culture within a more relevant and coherent society.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Leading systematic school improvement
- 9781475805819 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475805810 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475805796 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475805799 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475805802 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: