Cross-curricular teaching and learning in the secondary school : science
- Eleanor Byrne and Marilyn Brodie.
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 251 p. : ill. ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|Q181 .B995 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p.242-249) and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction: The Context for Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning-- Chapter 2 . Understanding science and its place within the curriculum-- Chapter 3. Tackling cross-curricular science teaching - three case studies of current teacher practice-- Chapter 4. Cross-curricular practice. Science and Mathematics-- Chapter 5. Cross-curricular practice. Science, ICT and Technology-- Chapter 6. Cross-curricular practice. Science and English-- Chapter 7. Science and the Humanities-- Chapter 8. Science and the Arts-- Chapter 9. The assessment of cross-curricular teaching in science-- Chapter 10. Conclusion: The future for cross-curricular science.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415666824 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Using a cross-curricular focus, this book brings together ongoing debates about personalised learning, creativity and ICT in education, and establishes a principled framework for cross-curricular teaching and learning in Science. It identifies a range of key issues and aims to strengthen in-school science practices by introducing ways of teaching rigorous science through, and alongside, other subjects. This highly practical book draws on examples and case studies taken from innovative practices in different schools and subject areas, as well as summarising lessons from key pieces of research evidence. Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School...Science also includes the following: Clear theoretical frameworks for cross-curricular processes of teaching and learning in science, including chapters on Maths, ICT and Technology, English, the Humanities and the Arts An analysis of the use of language, ICT and assessment as key components of a skilful pedagogical practice that affect how teaching is delivered and how pupils learn science in cross-curricular contexts A lively account of theoretical issues blended with engaging stories of current practice Practical tasks and questions for reflective practice This timely textbook is essential reading for all students on Initial Teacher Training courses and PGCE courses as well as practising teachers looking to holistically introduce cross-curricular themes and practices in Science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415666824 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780415666817 (hardback)
- 0415666813 (hardback)
- 9780415666824 (paperback)
- 9780203817735 (ebook)
- 0415666821 (paperback)
- 0203817737 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: