How to finish and defend your dissertation : strategies to complete the professional practice doctorate
- Cynthia Grant and Daniel R. Tomal.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Physical description
- xxviii, 306 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2369 .G69 2013
- Unknown LB2369 .G69 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Foreword Preface Introduction Chapter 1. The Realities of What it takes to Finish Your Dissertation Chapter 2. Your Relationship with the Committee and Your Chairperson Chapter 3. Refining Your Dissertation Proposal for the Final Manuscript Chapter 4. Presenting Your Results and Discussion in the Final Manuscript Chapter 5. Using Cloud-Based Virtual Communities in the Dissertation Process Chapter 6. Preparing for the Final Defense Presentation Chapter 7. Developing Effective Communication and Motivation Skills Chapter 8. The Dissertation Defense: The Day has Arrived Chapter 9. Passing the Defense and Editing the Final Dissertation Manuscript Chapter 10: How to Publish and Present Your Dissertation Epilogue: Advice to Candidates from Those Who Made It Appendices Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This CHOICE award winning author has teamed up with a Chair of the Department of Research at Concordia University Chicago to write a comprehensive book on finishing and defending a dissertation. A first of its kind, this book provides you everything you need to know about successfully passing the dissertation defense such as: preparing and finishing the manuscript, using cloud-based communities, preparing presentations, using effective communication strategies, managing stress, motivating yourself, revising and editing the manuscript, publishing and presenting the final dissertation and more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781475804003 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475804008 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475804010 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475804016 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475804027 (electronic)
- 1475804024 (electronic bk.)