Finish your dissertation, don't let it finish you!
- Joanne Broder Sumemerson.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Physical description
- xxvi, 182 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2369 .S837 2014||Unknown|
- Sumerson, Joanne Broder.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 167-170) and indexes.
- Acknowledgments ix Introduction xiii Chapter one The Secret Handshake 1 Chapter two Breaking Ground on Your Study 13 Chapter three Anatomy of a Dissertation 29 Chapter four Rolling Out the Red Carpet for Your Study: The Strong Introduction 39 Chapter five Literature Review Made Simple 45 Chapter six Data Scavenger Hunt: Methodology 57 Chapter seven The Institutional Review Board (IRB) 83 Chapter eight Making Sense of the Data Collection Scavenger Hunt: Results 91 Chapter nine I Am Listening, Data: Discussion 107 Chapter ten Your Data's Next Chapter After the Dissertation Write-Up and Graduation 115 Appendix A Summary Chart of Statistics, What to Report, Abbreviations, and Suggested Syntax 127 Appendix B Anatomy of a Dissertation in Context 139 Appendix C Sample Dissertation Rubric 157 Appendix D The Juicers 163 References 167 About the Author 171 Author Index 173 Subject Index 175.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This all-inclusive, practical guide will help graduate students design, conduct, and finish an academic dissertation or thesis with minimal drama. The structure of the book follows the sequential flow of a dissertation process from choosing a smart study topic, selecting research design options, to presenting a successful oral defense. Filled with protocols, tips, and reminders, the book presents the best, most direct and timely research practices based upon theoretical and empirical evidence, as well as the perspective and experiences of the author and others who have survived writing their dissertations. This indispensible guide will help students: pick the best members to serve on his/her dissertation committee including pointers for managing the committee dynamics and feedback; understand the legal regulations and ethical guidelines for all parts of the research process; work through common barriers, such as procrastination, perfectionism, and writer's block, and more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Finish your dissertation, do not let it finish you!
- 9781118133033 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 111813303X (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781118416358 (ebk.)
- 9781118419250 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: