[Peregrinatio in Terram Sanctam]
- Bernhardus de breidenbach.
- "1502 ed."
- [Speier : Peter Drach], 1502.
- Physical description
- 1 atlas ( pages, Aiiii, , eiiii, , biiii, , [con]iiii, ,  leaves,  pages,  leaf of plates,  double leaves of plates,  folded leaves of plates) : illustrations, 7 double maps, including 5 foldouts (woodcuts), some in color ; 30cm (fol.)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
The Renaissance Exploration Map Collection contains maps of the Old and the New World primarily from the period of the European Renaissance., The Renaissance Exploration Map Collection contains maps of the Old and the New World primarily from the period of the European Renaissance.
- Digital collection
- 637 digital items
- 1. Civitas Veneciaru
- 2. Parens
- 3. Corevn
- 4. Modon
- 5. [Rhodes]
- 6. Candia
- 7. Civitas Iherusalem
- Christian pilgrims and pilgrimages > Palestine > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Church buildings > Italy > Rome > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Rome (Italy) > History > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Jerusalem > Pictorial works > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Palestine > Description and travel > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Mediterranean Region > Description and travel > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Local subject
- The Renaissance Exploration Map Collection.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Breydenbach Sanctae Peregrinat 1502.
- Map Data
- Scales differ (W 12°21'46"--W 35°14'45" /N 41°59'49"--N 31°43'38").
- Atlas based on author's pilgrimage to the Holy Land during 1483-1484.
- First published in 1486 (Mainz: Erhard Reuwich).
- Title and imprint supplied by cataloger; author name from frontispiece; edition statement from pencil inscription on page .
- Title translation: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
- Green leather binding.
- First 4 and last 4 pages blank (included in page description).
- Color in last two leaves of plates and fifth foldout map.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Map of Jerusalem includes points of interest for Christian pilgrims, including Mount Sinai, Temple of Soloman (i.e., Mosque of Omar) and Church of Holy Sepulchre.
- Tooley, A-D: 189; Q-Z: 36.
- Bernhard von Breydenbach and his journey to the Holy Land 1483-4: A bibliography compiled by Hugh Wm. Davies, published by J. & J. Leighton, London, 1911, xviii-xxiv.
- A descriptive catalogue of books, in the library of John Holmes, F. S. A. with notices of authors & printers. Vol. II, 17.
- This copy contains book plate on front cover, inside: "Bateman of Middleton Hall (by Youlgrave) in the County of Derby".
- Inscriptions on pages : 41; : 1502; and verso of title page (... a complete copy of the 1502 ed.).
- Marginalia throughout.
- This copy has hole punch in lower right corner from first pages through first foldout map.