Gris Grimly's Frankenstein, or, The modern Prometheus
- assembled from the original text by Mary Shelley in three volumes.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Balzer + Bray, 2013.
- Physical description
- 193 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 27 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PN6727 .G747 G75 2013||Missing|
- Grimly, Gris.
- Publisher's Summary
- Gris Grimly, the New York Times bestselling artist and creator of the beloved Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Madness, has long considered Mary Shelley's classic tale of terror to be one of his greatest inspirations. He is now paying homage to it with a lavishly illustrated full-length adaptation, the first of its kind in this or any format. The tale of the hubris of Victor Frankenstein, the innocence of his monstrous creation, and the darkest desires of the human heart have never been more vividly represented on the page. Using an abridged version of the original text, Gris has created an experience that is part graphic novel, part prose novel, and all Gris Grimly: a bold sewing-together of elements both classic and contemporary. Beautifully terrifying and terrifyingly beautiful, this is Frankenstein as you've never seen it before.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780061862977 20160612
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Modern Prometheus
- Related Work
- Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft, 1797-1851. Frankenstein.
- 9780061862977 (trade bdg.)
- 0061862975 (trade bdg.)