Shunga : sex and pleasure in Japanese art
- edited by Timothy Clark, C. Andrew Gerstle, Aki Ishigami, Akiko Yano.
- London : The British Museum, 2013.
- Physical description
- 536 pages : illustrations (black and white, colour) ; 30 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 513-524) and index.
Drawing on the latest scholarship from the leading experts in the field and featuring over 400 images of works from major public and private collections, this landmark book looks at painted and printed erotic images produced in Japan during the Edo period (1600-1868) and early Meiji era (1868-1912). This title is only available through Hotei Publishing in the United States of America, Canada and the Philippines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Part of Japan 400"--Page 4.
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at the British Museum from 3 October 2013 to 5 January 2014.
- Includes fold-out pages.
- 9780714124766 (hbk.)
- 0714124761 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: