The cognitive classroom : using brain and cognitive science to optimize student success
- Jerome L. Rekart.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 161 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1060 .R445 2013||Unknown|
- Rekart, Jerome L.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface Introduction Chapter 1: The Brain and Behavior Chapter 2: Perception Chapter 3: Attention Chapter 4: Working Memory Chapter 5: Long-term Memory Encoding Chapter 6: Long-term Memory Retrieval Chapter 7: Language Chapter 8: Decision Making Chapter 9: Problem Solving Chapter 10: Synthesis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Cognitive Classroom describes how cutting-edge and classic research findings from the fields of brain science and cognitive psychology may be applied to classroom teaching. Using the perspective and expertise of an educational researcher originally trained as a neuroscientist, research findings and theories are translated into practical strategies. The jargon so often found in research journals and technical reports is discarded here, as studies are presented in an engaging manner that any educated individual can easily follow. Specifically, the book describes how research on perception, attention, learning, memory, language, reasoning, and problem solving may be used to achieve the type of "deep" learning sought after by teachers. What's more, this book discusses recent findings showing how the brains and cognitive processes of today's students have been impacted by technology and proposes actions that educators can take to optimize teaching in a digital world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475800715 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475800711 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475800722 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 147580072X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475800739 (electronic)
- 1475800738 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: