Knowledge, democracy and action : community-university research partnerships in global perspectives
- edited by Budd L. Hall, Edward T. Jackson, Rajesh Tandon, Jean-Marc Fontan, Nirmala Lall.
- Manchester ; New York : Manchester University Press, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxv, 221 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Universities and lifelong learning series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC237 .K54 2013
- Unknown LC237 .K54 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 206-217) and index.
- Introduction - Budd L. Hall 2. An architecture understood: effective support structures for community-university partnerships - Edward T. Jackson, Letlotlo Gariba and Evren Tok 3. PRIA educates the community - Mandakini Pant and Sejuti Das Gupta 4. Curricular and pedagogical Impacts of community-based research: experiences from higher education institutions - Felix M. Bivens 5. Embedding community-university partnerships: science shops and policy development - Eileen Martin, Emma McKenna, Henk Mulder and Norbert Steinhaus 6. Evaluating the research partnership process - Jean-Marc Fontan and Denis Bussieres , Translation by Elizabeth Carlyse 7. Measuring the impact of community-university research partnerships: A Global Perspective - Nirmala Lall 8. Building blocks of partnerships: lessons from case studies from the south and north - Rajesh Tandon and Edward T. Jackson 9. Agenda for the Future - Budd L. Hall 10. Case study - student community engagement for employability and entrepreneurship in Senegal - Lamine Kane, Pr Aliou Guisse and Latyr Diouf 11. Case studies (Three) - PRIA educates the community - Mandakini Pant and Sejuti Das Gupta 12. Case studies (Two) - Mobilizing and strengthening knowledge for sustainable development in India - Mandakini Pant 13. Case study - Enhancing local policy makers' capacity in environmental governance in the Philippines - Joy Molina Mirasol-- Felix S. Mirasol, Jr., Estela C. Itaas and Benjamin Maputi 14. Case study - Interdisciplinary research programme in Chiapas - Felix M. Bivens 15. Case study - Cooperation in the indigenous municipality of Jesus de Machaca in Bolivia - Jose Blanes Jimenez 16. Case study - Co-operation in small forest producers in Bolivia - Jorge Tellez Carrasco and Jose Blanes Jimenez.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Knowledge, democracy and action: Community-university research partnerships in global perspectives is based on a three-year international comparative study undertaken by the Global Alliance on Community Based Research and supported by the UNESCO Chair in Community Based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education. It provides evidence from twenty case studies around the world on the power and potential of community and higher education based scholars and activists working together in the co-creation of transformative knowledge. The book draws on the experience and insights of thirty-seven scholars and practitioners from the Global South and North. Opening with a theoretical overview of knowledge, democracy and action, the book is followed by analytical chapters providing lessons learned and capacity building in the north and the south, on the theory and practice of community university research partnerships, models of evaluation, approaches to measuring the impact and an agenda for future research and policy recommendations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Universities and lifelong learning series
- 9780719089787 (hbk.)
- 0719089786 (hbk.)