Conjugated polymers : a practical guide to synthesis
- editor(s): Klaus Müllen, John R Reynolds, Toshio Masuda.
- Cambridge, Eng. : Royal Society of Chemistry, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxii, 420 pages) : illustrations.
- RSC polymer chemistry series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- General Introduction-- Polyacetylene-- Substituted Polyacetylenes-- Polyphenylenes-- Polyfluorenes-- Polycarbazolylenes-- Poly(phenylenevinylene)s-- Poly(phenyleneethynylene)s-- Polythiophenes-- Poly(oxythiophenes)-- Polypyrroles-- Polyanilines-- Polysilanes-- Alternative Polyheterocycles-- D-A Alternating Copolymers-- Conjugated Polyelectrolytes-- Self-Doped Polymers-- Fused Heterocycle Polymers-- Direct Arylation Polycondensation-- Chain-Growth Synthesis--.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849739771 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Conjugated polymers are gaining a lot of interest due to their inherent functional properties and applications in plastic electronics. Their characteristic charge transporting and conducting properties produces features including coloration, photoluminescence, electroluminescence, photoconductivity, and electrochromism. In order to develop new functional polymers, researchers need the background information on the synthesis of the different polymer systems. Conjugated Polymers focuses on the practical preparation of conjugated polymers with each chapter discussing a particular type of conjugated polymer including a general explanation of the polymer, experimental details for synthesis and characterization. Edited by world leading experts in the field of conjugated polymer synthesis, the book serves as a convenient guide for advanced undergraduate level and above.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849739771 20160612
- Publication date
- RSC polymer chemistry series
- 9781849739771 (eISBN)
- 1849739773 (eISBN)