A celebration of algebraic geometry : a conference in honor of Joe Harris' 60th birthday, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, August 25-28, 2011
- Brendan Hassett, James McKernan, Jason Starr, Ravi Vakil, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 599 pages ; 26 cm.
- Clay mathematics proceedings ; v. 18.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA564 .C425 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Classification of 2-Fano manifolds with high index by C. Araujo and A.-M. Castravet Abelian varieties associated to Gaussian lattices by A. Beauville Rank of divisors on graphs: An algebro-geometric analysis by L. Caporaso A tour of stable reduction with applications by S. Casalaina-Martin The solvable monodromy extension property and varieties of log general type by S. Cautis Effective divisors on moduli spaces of curves and abelian varieties by D. Chen, G. Farkas, and I. Morrison Rational self maps of Calabi-Yau manifolds by X. Chen Variations on Nagata's conjecture by C. Ciliberto, B. Harbourne, R. Miranda, and J. Roe Symplectic restriction varieties and geometric branching rules by I. Coskun Riemann-Roch for Deligne-Mumford stacks by D. Edidin The regularity of the conductor by D. Eisenbud and B. Ulrich Stability of genus five canonical curves by M. Fedorchuk and D. I. Smyth Restriction of sections for families of abelian varieties by T. Graber and J. M. Starr Correspondence and cycle spaces: A result comparing their cohomologies by M. Green and P. Griffiths Geometry of theta divisors-A survey by S. Grushevsky and K. Hulek Singular curves and their compactified Jacobians by J. L. Kass On the Gottsche threshold (with an appendix by I. Tyomkin) by S. L. Kleiman and V. V. Shende Curve counting a la Gottsche by S. L. Kleiman Mnev-Sturmfels universality for schemes by S. H Lee and R. Vakil Gromov-Witten theory and Noether-Lefschetz theory by D. Maulik and R. Pandharipande Numerical Macaulification by J. Migliore and U. Nagel The non-nef locus in positive characteristic by M. Mustata Pairwise incident planes and hyperkahler four-folds by K. G. O'Grady Derived equivalence and non-vanishing loci by M. Popa Degenerations of rationally connected varieties and PAC fields by J. Starr Remarks on curve classes on rationally connected varieties by C. Voisin.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821889831 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume resulted from the conference A Celebration of Algebraic Geometry, which was held at Harvard University from August 25-28, 2011, in honour of Joe Harris' 60th birthday. Harris is famous around the world for his lively textbooks and enthusiastic teaching, as well as for his seminal research contributions. The articles are written in this spirit: clear, original, engaging, enlivened by examples, and accessible to young mathematicians. The articles in this volume focus on the moduli space of curves and more general varieties, commutative algebra, invariant theory, enumerative geometry both classical and modern, rationally connected and Fano varieties, Hodge theory and abelian varieties, and Calabi-Yau and hyperkahler manifolds. Taken together, they present a comprehensive view of the long frontier of current knowledge in algebraic geometry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821889831 20160612
- Geometry, Algebraic.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Clay mathematics proceedings ; volume 18
- "Clay Mathematics Institute."
- 9780821889831 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0821889834 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: